Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Orphanage Prayer Before Meals

Thank you, God
We love you
We need you
Be with us
Protect us
And guide us
In your way
In Jesus' name
We pray
Amen

Monday, June 23, 2008

Quite a Week

Well, Eli came down with a fever last Monday, as well as vomiting and diarrhea (sorry to be so graphic). The last two symptoms subsided fairly quickly, but the fever persisted for a full week. It got quite high a few times (104.9 and above) which caused a bit of alarm for me. After a trip to the pediatrician, bloodwork, urine and stool tests, no diagnosis has been found, other than a virus. On one hand, that's a relief. On the other hand, it's frustrating. I've never seen a virus like this and I hope I never see it again. So far, nobody else has gotten it, but we're not out of the woods yet. We are still waiting on a few more test results, but I'd be surprised if anything shows up on them.

Adding to the stress is the fact that Brad has been gone since last Thursday or Friday. I can't remember now. He'll be home on Thursday morning at 2:00 am. It seems like I always have at least one sick kid when Brad's out of town. I just made a reservation for a hotel in Hagerstown, MD, tonight, in anticipation of having a night out with my friend, Michelle, after Brad returns. We're going to shop at the outlets and generally enjoy ourselves with few responsibilities...woohoo!

I guess that's all for now. I need to get to bed, even though it's not 10:00 yet. Micah enjoys waking up at 5:30 most of the time, so that's bad news for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your outlet trip, cousin!

Chris said...

Sounds like you deserve a couple of days shopping. :)
Hoe that everyone stay healthy.
How is Micah ?